You probably need to insert the space group name into the CRYST1 record. Tthe version of SHELXL that I am planning to release this summer already deduces the space group name from the LATT and SYMM cards and puts it there. If you read the .res file into Coot instead of the .pdb, Coot can deduce the space group automatically. You can then read in the .fcf file (created with LIST 6) so that Coot can generate the maps. However if you use Coot to write out the .ins file for the next SHELXL refinement job, you may need to do some editing, e.g. change the occupancies of new atoms from 1.0 (which shelxl understands as being free to refine) to 11.0 (which means fix it at 1.0). You may also have to reinstate the 'free variables' used for occupancies etc., because Coot (Refmac) does not (yet) use this very useful concept.

George