Yes, it has happened to me more than once.  It is not a good pump.  Acta
Prime Plus has a better one.  They still have parts.  Call GE technical
support and they will tell you what to do.

The part costs some money (it is not cheap - probably $500).  I think the
Akta Prime will keep on running as long as you maintain it.  They can come
to your lab to do the job for you but I do not know how much it is per
hour.  This team is called labcrew and they are very good.

I would call them and try to arrange with them.

Make sure you have your solutions elevated above the pump.  Even though it
is a pump you need to help it.  Also do not use viscous solutions with it.
(I do not use glycerol because of the pump).  Finally clean it up with 20%
ethanol after each use to avoid mold.