Dear All,

I'm with Dale on this one. It's better to have a standard and roll with it,
than allow for ambiguity. The discussion just happened to start with a
rather silly example as Tim pointed out. The ligand 1N1
(http://ligand-expo.rcsb.org/reports/1/1N1/1N1_D3L1.gif) is a better
example:
The atoms N5 and N6 can have inverted chirality. If it is just one of the
two, then the molecule is distorted (IFF the restraint file is correct!). If
both have inverted chirality than the problem can be fixed by label
swapping. Hacking the restraint file to allow both positive and negative
chirality would allow you to distort the molecule.

Cheers,
Robbie