What do you mean - running REFMAC directly on the output file?

Are you sure you have the same space group given in the mtz file and the PDB
file? If the MR has placed your structure in P32 say, nd the input mtz has SG
P31, you need to change the mtz header to include the now-known SG. There are
various ways given on the Reflection Utility task in the GUI.