Dear List,

since this probably comes up a lot in manipulation of pdb/reflection files
and so on, I was curious what people thought would be the best language for
the following: I have some huge (100s MB) tables of tab-delimited data on
which I would like to do some math (averaging, sigmas, simple arithmetic,
etc) as well as some sorting and rejecting. It can be done in Excel, but
this is exceedingly slow even in 64-bit, so I am looking to do it through
some scripting. Just as an example, a "sort" which takes >10 min in Excel
takes ~10 sec max with the unix command sort (seems crazy, no?). Any
suggestions?

Thanks, and sorry for being off-topic,

Jacob

Jacob Pearson Keller