Ccp4's Gesamt (new algorithm, interfaced jointly with SSM in ccp4i) should do
what you want -- Eugene
From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Zhijie Li
[zhijie...@utoronto.ca]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:45 AM
To: ccp4bb
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] CCP4superpose_only superpose interesting residues

Hi Wenhe,

Superpose allows you to specify residue (as well as Ca/main chain/side chain)
ranges. Also in COOT you can select the range of residues used in the LSQ
superpose calculation.

For superposing parts of the proteins only, a little trick is to cut the
interested fragments from the original PDBs and make PDB files that contain the
fragments only (simplest way is to edit the PDB files in a text editor) and
superpose the fragments. If the whole proteins need to be superposed too, then
superpose the proteins to their respective fragments. This is especially useful
when the program does not give you options on residue ranges (for example, COOT
SSM superpose).

Zhijie