Hi,

I guess Cacodylate is safe as long as you don't come into direct contact with it, or dispose it off in a careless fashion. Aren't there substances in biochemical labs which are a equally if not more harmful, like acryamide or Ethidium Bromide, for instance?

But I agree that it should be done away with if possible, and in the case of Cacodylate there is an equally effective and much safer option in MES.

regards

Ganesh