Dear Wei,

If i understand your different experiment, you try to obtain your protein DNA complex at different salt concentration with different method to reach the final concentration.

I read that you try 150 mM KCl + 150 mM NaCl as high concentration salt, it result in 300 mM cations and 300 mM Cl. To my mind, and according your experiment it's too high. But when you try low concentration you dialized the protein alone in 30 and 100 mM salt concentration. In my opinion the best way, is to dialize the protein mixed with the DNA. Because the protein will probably be stablize by DNA. If the protein meet slowly DNA at the same time the salt concentration decrease, you minimize the precipitation (it's your third experiment in fact). You have not precised the final salt concentration with this method. If you try 30 mM, maybe it's too low, i suggest 100mM Salt. I remember paper about nucleosome where author explain solution with multiples steps dializis. It's more gradual and it could help if you want reach very low salt concentration.

One other idea, is to play with the pH, because of the protein's pI. In function of the pI you have to try different pH for the complex preraration. You can optimise the protein DNA interaction through the protein charge.

HtH

Nicolas