Yuri

Whatever happens, keep the remains of the crystal to make a seed-stock
after data collection.

You can also try making a seed stock from the rest of the drop, even if you
can't see crystals, and even if it has dried up.

Use part of your seed-stock to seed into one or more *random screens*

You can make the seed stock by suspending crushed crystals in the reservoir
solution that gave the original hit (preferably taken from the original
plate as it may have dried out a bi9t).

Patrick

Allan D’Arcy, Frederic Villarda, May Marsh.  'An automated
microseed matrix-screening method for protein crystallization'.  Acta
Crystallographica section D63 (2007), 550–554.
http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?S0907444907007652

--
 patr...@douglas.co.uk    Douglas Instruments Ltd.
 Douglas House, East Garston, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 7HD, UK

 http://www.douglas.co.uk
 Tel: 44 (0) 148-864-9090    US toll-free 1-877-225-2034
 Regd. England 2177994, VAT Reg. GB 480 7371 36