I assume nobody of you is running an actual Osx server ? I mean the upgrade to
a full server version of the commonly distributed normal Osx releases ?

I have not done it yet but I do think many of the issues mentioned regarding
NFS/NIS could be addressed there. Regarding the missing macpro upgrades I
expect to see new machines with thunderbolt connectivity in the next 4 months.
And I will buy my third macpro then to run it as a true server.

Jürgen

Sent from my iPad