Hello Sabine,

the Asus VG287H (not the HE model)! Why?

- nvidia certified, so all nvidia drivers will recognize the screen correctly (we have it working under SuSe linux and windows 7) - build-in IR emitter (so works with the cheaper quadro cards), we run it with quadro 600, k1000m and 2000 models, all without 3-pin connector
- one pair of nvidia glasses already included (Value 100 EUR)
- lightboost technology, so the picture is more bright than other screens
- the bigger the screen, the better the stereo feels (this screen is 27 inch diameter)

Just under 500 EUR it may seem expensive but once you substract the price of a pair of glasses (± 100EUR) and consider it is large, nvidia certified, has a build-in IR emitter and is best of class, it is actually a very good deal.

p.s. here is a thread at computerbase.de (german language) ranking many monitors: http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=949874

- J. -

--

Dr. Jeroen R. Mesters

Gruppenleiter Strukturelle Neurobiologie und Kristallogenese
Institut für Biochemie
Universität zu Lübeck
Zentrum für Medizinische Struktur- und Zellbiologie
Ratzeburger Allee 160, D-23538 Lübeck
Tel: +49-451-5004065
Fax: +49-451-5004068
Http://www.biochem.uni-luebeck.de