Dear Uma,

A very complehensive survey of the state-of-the-art in this topic can be found
in the following literature resources:

(1)
Garman EF.
Radiation damage in macromolecular crystallography: what is it and why should
we care?
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2010 Apr;66(Pt 4):339-51.

(2)
The January 2013 issue of the Journal of Synchrotron Radiation featuring a
special section with papers presented at last year's Intl workshop on X-ray
damage of biological crystalline samples.
The annotated editorial by Garman and Weik in that issue is also very helpful.

Best regards
Savvas