Dear All,

We want little suggestion and knowledge regarding refinement of data in Refmac.
We have a data with resolution upto 1.5A. Overall redundancy of 5.5 and 3.7 in
high resolution bin. and I over Sigma is also 21 overall and  2.2 in last
resolution bin.

When we first did isotropic refinement we used automatic weighing term, which
gave good Rfree and Rfactor of 18.4 and 16.9 but high rmsBond and rmsAngle of
0.027 and 2.5 respectively. We were able to improve rmsBond and rmsAngle values
by decreasing weighing term to 0.5.

But when we do anisotropic refinement with weighing term of 0.5 it gives Rfree,
Rfactor and FOM of 16.8, 15.0 and 90.7 respectively. And rmsAngle and rmsBond
of 0.0074 and 1.25.

Now, we want to know what should be the ideal values for rmsAngle and rmsBond
at such resolution. Secondly, if we can use anisotropic refinement with such
data.

All your suggestions will be highly valuable.
Thanks in advance.

--
Sonali Dhindwal

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”