UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE

DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY & BIOPHYSICS

POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR

One postdoctoral position is available immediately in Dr. Rongsheng Jin’s
laboratory at the Department of Physiology and Biophysics, UC Irvine, and will
remain open until filled. The new postdoctoral scholar is expected to
participate in one of two major research projects: the structural and
functional characterization of ion channels, receptors, and signaling molecules
at synapses, and the mechanism of action of bacterial virulence factors in
their cellular context. Our laboratory employs a multidisciplinary approach
that combines X-ray crystallography, SAXS, electron microscopy with the more
traditional approaches of biochemistry and biophysics. We also have built
long-standing collaborative relationships in the areas of cell biology,
electrophysiology, toxicology, and animal studies. The successful candidates
should have a Ph.D. degree, high motivation, and strong background in one or
more of the following research areas: biochemistry, biophysics, molecular
biology, and structural biology. Experience in insect cell and/or mammalian
cell culture would be desirable, but is not required. Salary is commensurate
with qualifications and experience.

To apply for this position please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and
names of three references to Rongsheng Jin (r....@uci.edu)

“The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to excellence through diversity.”