Dear Bert,
In my own review:-
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08893110802360925?journalCode=gcry20#.UulGyGtYCSM
molecular replacement emerged in my mind as the most robust option for
structure determination in such a case, apart from finding an untwinned crystal
form of course.
Best wishes,
John

Prof John R Helliwell DSc FInstP CPhys FRSC CChem F Soc Biol.
Chair School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Athena Swan Team.
http://www.chemistry.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/athena/index.html