Dear Theresa,

We offer the possibility for data collection at room temperature on our beamline, FIP-BM30A at the ESRF, for many years. It's really routine now (see http://www.fip-bm30a.fr/). Data are collected in situ, on the crystallization plate, thanks to the robotized system we developed for that (G-Rob, see http://www.natx-ray.com). We have a ADSC 315r CCD detector. When symetry is high enough, one crystal can be enough to get a complete dataset (up to 80° total rotation is possible, with appropriate crystallization plates).

The first structure solved in situ on our beamline on a single crystal was the one of NDK from A. Polyphaga Mimivirus (C. Abergel, L. Jacquamet, CNRS): space group: p6(3), resolution: 2.3 Å, completness: 80 %, I/s(I): 3.3, Rsym: 19.6 %, Rfree: 27.4 % Of course, low symetry or rapid degradation in the beam is a limitation. In this case, several crystals may be required.

Regards

JL