Hi,

I'm sure this question has been addressed before and I
apologize for asking it again. I'm working on a protein
predicted to have multiple disulfide bonds. The protein is
expressed in an E. coli strain with an "oxidizing" cytoplasm,
and is purified under nonreducing conditions (no DTT, b-
ME...). I'd like to produce some Se-Met incorporated protein
for phasing. Given that Se-Met can oxidize, its anomalous
scattering is dependent on its oxidation state, and a mixture
of oxidized and reduced Se-Met makes phasing difficult, what
is the suggested protocol to follow in my situation? Here's
hoping that the solution is not dumping a bunch of Se-Met into
all the purification buffers...

Best wishes,
Reza

Reza Khayat, PhD