Colleagues,

We have determined a structure of a palindromic DNA molecule, in which one
half of the DNA is in the asymmetric unit. Is there a way to tell REFMAC
that there are covalent bonds across asymmetric units? Without such "LINK"
records in the PDB file, REFMAC treats this as a non-covalent interaction
and pushes the two DNA halfs apart. The data are at a fairly high
resolution, which helps, but the repulsion is still there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I imagine this situation is quite
rare in macromolecular crystallography.

Oleg
--
Oleg Tsodikov, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences