Dear Sreetama, dear Ian,

I avoid sourcing both version 6.3 and 6.4 in the same terminal. If I
need to work with 6.3 I modify my .bashrc from 6.4 to 6.3 and then
open a new terminal to make sure everything refers to v6.3 and vice versa.

Best,
Tim

On 04/28/2014 04:51 PM, Ian Tickle wrote:
> [...]
>
> So what happens is that the first time you source the setup for
> v6.4 it prepends the directories for that version.  If you then
> source the setup for v6.3 it prepends the directories for that and
> you will use the v6.3 executables.  So far so good.  Now what
> happens if you source the setup for v6.4 again?  The code above
> ensures that the v6.4 directory is NOT prepended again and so it
> will continue to use v6.3 until you logout & in again & reset the
> path.
>
> Cheers
>
> -- Ian
>

> On 28 April 2014 14:54, Harry Powell <ha...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sreetama
>>
>> That's the problem - sourcing the old ccp4 6.3 distro has set up
>> MOSFLM_EXEC to point to an old copy of ipmosflm that will not run
>> with the latest iMosflm.
>>
>>> Mosflm version 7.0.9  for Image plate and CCD data 14th May
>>> 2012
>>
>> which cannot be used with iMosflm 7.1.0.
>>
>> So it looks like there might be an issue with the ccp4 6.4 setup
>> not over-writing the environment variable MOSFLM_EXEC as it
>> should. The immediate way round this would be to not source ccp4
>> 6.3 in any terminal that you want to run iMosflm from.
>>
>> Can you send me & c...@stfc.ac.uk (*not* to the ccp4bb, please)
>> the output of
>>
>> echo $PATH which $MOSFLM_EXEC
>>
>> (1) before you "source ccp4-6.3" (2) after you "source ccp4-6.3"
>> (3) after you "source ccp4-6.4"
>>
>> So that we can get a clear idea of what is happening to your PATH
>> when you do each of these three things.
>>
>> On 28 Apr 2014, at 14:38, sreetama das wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Sir, If I sorce ccp4-6.3, and then change in the bashrc
>>> file &
>> source ccp4-6.4, (and source the modified .bashrc file in either
>> case) but don't close the previous terminal, then opening imosflm
>> gives the aforementioned error. After closing the imosflm GUI, if
>> I type at the terminal, I get the following:
>>>
>>> sreetama@sreetama-laptop:~/data $ $MOSFLM_EXEC <B><FONT
>>> COLOR="#FF0000"><!--SUMMARY_BEGIN--> <html> <!-- CCP4 HTML
>>> LOGFILE --> <hr> <!--SUMMARY_END--></FONT></B>
>>>

>>> ************ Mosflm version 7.0.9  for Image plate and CCD data
>>> 14th
>> May 2012  ***********
>>> Andrew Leslie and Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular
>>> Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK E-mails:
>>> and...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk, ha...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk References:
>>> Mosflm: A.G.W. Leslie and H.R. Powell (2007), Evolving Methods
>>> for Macromolecular Crystallography, 245, 41-51 ISBN
>> 978-1-4020-6314-5
>>> New auto-indexing based on DPS: I. Steller R. Bolotovsky and
>>> M.G.
>> Rossmann
>>> (1997) J. Appl. Cryst. 30, 1036-1040 New iMosflm GUI:  T.G.G.
>>> Battye, L. Kontogiannis, O. Johnson, H.R.
>> Powell
>>> and A.G.W. Leslie.(2011) Acta Cryst. D67, 271-281)

How much of this information is useful in diagnosing user problems?
>>> Mosflm run on Monday, April 28 2014 at 19:01 by sreetama
>>> Compiler command: gfortran Compiler version: GNU Fortran (GCC)
>>> 4.4.7 Copyright (C) 2010 Free
>> Software Foundation, Inc. GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to
>> the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of GNU
>> Fortran under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For
>> more informatio
>>> Executable type:  ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
>>> version
>> 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
>>> This executable was built by ccb on Thursday, June 28 2012 at
>>> 09:33

MOSFLM =>

>>> Also the terminal refuses to close if I type exit. Forcibly
>>> closing the
>> terminal , and typing imosflm in a new terminal solves the
>> problem.
>>> regards, sreetama On Monday, 28 April 2014 6:52 PM, Harry
>>> Powell <ha...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> When you get this error, and "everything" has been closed, what
>>> do you
>> get if you type (in the same terminal window that you tried to
>> start iMosflm) -
>>>
>>> $MOSFLM_EXEC
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> It's plain from the message that
>>>
>>> "ipmosflm" is not compatible'
>>>
>>> that iMosflm is trying to run with an incompatible MOSFLM_EXEC
>>> (maybe
>> from the old ccp4 6.3 distribution, but there could be other
>> reasons).

>> the following error:

>> closes everything.

>> After that, I had enabled the older version of CCP4-6.3 (by
>> sourcing it from the .bashrc file)  for sometime to look at the
>> options in molrep (in CCP4-6.3), and then re-enabled the newer
>> CCP4-6.4.
>> older 7.0.1 version.

>> newer imosflm version now, changing the value in the GUI of the
>> older version of imosflm doesn't help either.

>>> Harry -- ** note change of address ** Dr Harry Powell, MRC
>>> Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick
>> Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0QH
>>> Chairman of European Crystallographic Association SIG9
>>> (Crystallographic
>> Computing)
>>>

>> Harry -- ** note change of address ** Dr Harry Powell, MRC
>> Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge
>> Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0QH Chairman of European
>> Crystallographic Association SIG9 (Crystallographic Computing)

- --
- --
Dr Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie