From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Theresa
Hsu
Sent: Friday, 23 May 2014 7:49 a.m.
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Off topic: Homology modeling

Dear all

I am working with a membrane protein without known structure. The closest
protein in PDB has 10% sequence identity/25% similarity to my protein.

What is the best method and software to do homology modeling while I try to get
the crystal? Is the ligand binding site prediction reliable? There is no
available experimental data on this protein except to sugest it is some type of
ion transport.

Thank you.

Theresa