Dear Community,

I have some doubts to clarify. In a way to solve a structure by Phaser-MR,
I found phaser ended up with a potentially good MR solution (with good
statistics, packing and electron density, and as we know the homolog
structure so in a reasonable biological assembly also). However, the space
group where phaser found the potential solution (P22121) is different what
we got in pointless (P212121), and phaser also indicated the presence of
translational NCS (NCS translation vector = 0.500, 0.494 0.391). Now when
we try to refine the structure with its original scala.mtz file (which is
indexed and sclaled in P212121) and phaser generated pdb file, the R/Rfree
is very high (around 0.5) but when I tried refining with mtz file generated
by phaser, it was reasonable, at least for first cycle of refinement
(R/Rfree, 0.41/0.46). Now my question is, can I use the phaser generated
mtz file instead of the original scala.mtz for further refinement? Or I
have to reindex my original data into phaser suggested spacegroup and run
the MR again? Translational NCS are generally associated with high R
values, is there any way to get rid of that problem?

Best regards,
Sudipta.