Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Im Auftrag von
Katherine Sippel
Gesendet: Montag, 4. August 2014 19:02
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: [ccp4bb] reporting rotational and translational interface shifts

Hi all,
I am trying to figure out the best way of reporting changes in dimer
orientations between three structures. I have an apo, a drug-bound, and a
homolog dimer structure. I had originally decided to calculate the angle from
the rotation matrix generated by LSQKAB, but the translational component is
oriented in opposite directions (translation vector of -22.9, 3.2, 10.8 versus
22.4, -3.4, -17.1). I've only ever seen these types of orientation shifts
reported in degrees, so I was wondering how other people dealt with accurately
reporting these numbers in their manuscripts. Did you include the translation
vectors in the text or just rely on figures and arrow to make your point?
Thanks for your time,
Katherine

--
"Nil illegitimo carborundum" - Didactylos