Rotation matrices are rarely specified in a fractional coordinate system?
The criteria for checking such a matrix is "Is the determinant 1?" and this
only holds for orthogonal matrices.

I guess the way I would do this though.

You presumably have two sets of fractional coordinates, before and after
rotation?

There is a ccp4 program - coordconv which will read the fractional
coordinates and generate pdb format with the convention ncode = 1 (You may
need to fudge the fractional format I suppose..)

You can then use superpose to match the two sets of coordinates and the
output will tell you the Eulerian angles used for the rotation!

Lots of ways to kill cats!
  Eleanor