There is a bug in version 0.7.2 Coot that causes metal ions added via the "place atom at pointer" to be a water. However, if you add the metal ions through the "Get Monomer" dialog I think it will work OK.

_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor
Department of Chemistry