From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Bernhard
Rupp
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:09 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Why Does Detwinning Not Work?

Tom Terwilliger recently pointed me to a relevant discussion on the phenix bb:

http://phenix-online.org/pipermail/phenixbb/2013-May/019836.html​

In essence, in case of detwinning, the refinement target is not a ML target
anymore. With
the model being used as a basis for the detwinning of Fs, the refi procedure
becomes susceptible
to bias.

I do not know what the current state is of developing the ML target for
refining against twinned (I, F) data is.
Garib, Randy, perhaps?

Thx, BR