Hi Akila,

In addition to what others have asked about the dialysis buffer, a few
more comments that might help to decide next steps because the
precipitation (note precipitation and aggregation are related but not
synonymous) may be due to several different or related reasons:

1) At what stage are you dialyzing? Is it after SEC? Could your
protein be too concentrated at that point since your yield is high
leading to some precipitation? How severe is the loss?
2) Did you try more purification before dialysis?
3) Are you removing the detergent in the buffer you are dialyzing against?
4) Can you try buffer exchange during concentration instead of dialysis?
5) Try increasing your NaCl concentration and adding 5-10% glycerol to
improve protein solubility.
6) Did you try cleaving the C-term His-tag before dialysis? Did you
try N-term His tag?
7) Do you really need to dialyze? Did you try assays or
crystallization trials with the purification buffer? You can run a SEC
column without imidazole to remove that before crystallization.
8) PSI/SBKB TargetTrack can be great resource to look at
expression/purification protocols for similar proteins:
http://sbkb.org/tt/
9) Also look up the Tb Structural Genomics resource to see if there is
anything on this target or related targets: http://www.webtb.org/

Best,
Debanu