Hi Gaoyina,

I guess your crystals ended up in slightly different lattices or with slightly
different ordering during flash-cooling.
I this case can see two possible solutions:
- collect more complete data from a single crystal, you may have to "sacrifice"
some resolution by collecting shorter images or attenuating the beam somewhat.
- try to flash-cool the crystals in a more reproducible way, so they are more
similar to each other.
Another possibility might be that you have too many spot overlaps, in this case
you may need to collect thinner-sliced images, offset the detector, put the
detector further away (i.e. lower resolution), or measure a crystal with a
different orientation (try put the spindle rotation more or less around the
long cell axis).
In any of these cases I think you will need to collect more data.
With the current data, in Mosflm data processing you may be able to get more
complete data with the SEPARATION CLOSE option, if you did not invoke this
already. In other data processing programs there surely are similar options. On
the other hand, in the automated data processing pipelines that many
synchrotrons use now they are probably already activated when necessary (at
least I have rarely been able to improve on automatically processed data when
doing it myself later...)

Greetings,

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas