http://lcrbw.pharmacie.univ-paris5.fr/spip.php?article18

      De : Vijaykumar Pillalamarri <vijaypkuma...@gmail.com>
 À : Philippe BENAS <philippe_be...@yahoo.fr>
Cc : "CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK" <CCP4BB@jiscmail.ac.uk>
 Envoyé le : Vendredi 27 octobre 2017 14h08
 Objet : Re: [ccp4bb] Unknown electron density

Dear Philippe,
Here is the images showing anomalous map at Co contoured at 5.
Thanks,Vijaykumar
On 27 October 2017 at 14:05, Philippe BENAS <philippe_be...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

Hello Vijaykumar,
Well, 27 e- * 0.4 = 10.8 e- which is very close to 8 (O).In addition I don't
recognize the expected Co2+ coordination in your structure. I think evidence
from an anomalous signal would be wellcome. Evidence from another crystal is
not a proof for this crystal structure. It could be just a little stronger if
the two crystals come from the same drop.
You can get anomalous info even if the crystal was not collected at the
wavelength that maximises f". For instance, the crystal for which I provided
the two snapshots was collected at 0.95 Angst. Not only the anomalous signal is
well defined for the Co2+ but also for disulfide bridges. Lamdba around 1
Angst. is a common value for native data collection on synchrotrons so that I'm
pretty sure you can get such signal from your data.
And a good trick is to always process your data assuming the Friedel Law is not
respected so that you can get quick access to the anomalous signal in case you
need it.
HTH,Philippe Philippe BENAS, Ph.D.
Dog in the manger
"Un importun survient qui trouble l'intimité, qui arrête l'expansion, qui glace
le plaisir, - probablement comme un étranger tombant au milieu d'enfants en
train de danser une ronde", Alfred Delvau, Dictionnaire de la langue verte
(1866).

Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques, UMR 8015 CNRS
Faculté de Pharmacie, Université Paris Descartes
Case 48
Av, de l'Observatoire
F-75270 PARIS cedex 06
+33.1.5373.1599