Dear All

The ion exchange has the great advantage ,over other tecniques, to
concentrate the protein.

Histrap+sec is a big classic in protein purification but times it is worth
considering other schemes. Why doing a SEC? It is for removing aggregates
or a contaminant ? It the latter case probably an ion exchange or an Hic
would do a better job. For fast changing of the buffer desalting with a big
column is the way to go.
Good luck
Gia