Dear BB,

I apologize for the off topic. But I strongly believe this is the right place
to ask my question.

We are working on a protein that is 300 amino acids in length. After many
efforts, we could solve the structure at 1.60 Å resolution. It took almost 10
months to get this crystal and we could not reproduce it. The maps are
interpretable and we could model only till residue 190 and we could not see any
density for the rest of the molecule. My question is- Does anyone has
encountered such a structure with lots of missing density? I would appreciate
your efforts if someone can send me few references describing such type of
structures. Is there any chance that microbes can cleave the protein in the
crystal drops?

Thanks,

Rajesh..