Dear Deepanshu,

Is the primary sequence in the neighbourhood of your missing strands conserved?
Perhaps that part differs in your structure relative to the search model. Have
you tried omitting the region from MR and rerunning refinement without to see
if some new density pops up?

If not, although this doesn’t sound like a classical flexible region, it may
still be disordered. If you really can’t build it, you can of course leave it
out of the structure and deposit anyway. The rest of the structure might be
very relevant for other people.

I also note that your refinement R factor is a bit low relative to the Rfree,
which is indicating overfitting. Do you use individual B factors? You probably
should use grouped Bs at 3 Å.

Best,

Ditlev

---

Ditlev E. Brodersen
Lektor, Associate Professor
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University
Gustav Wieds Vej 10c, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark

Phone:  +45 21669001
Lab home page: www.bioxray.au.dk/~deb<http://www.bioxray.au.dk/~deb>
Educational IT portal: curriculearn.dk<http://curriculearn.dk>

Sent from my iPhone

Den 10. okt. 2018 kl. 04.59 skrev Deepanshu Choudhary