Hi Manoj,

Like Eleanor has pointed out a very accurate data may get you a solution. If
you have crystals that diffract well and give you data with high I/sigma(I) you
can attempt to find the positions of the S atoms and use that to arrive at a
structure. Using lysozyme as a test case we have shown that structure can be
solved from a routine data set collected at 1 Å (with 10 S but a f” of ~0.28),
with anomalous multiplicity ~12. Details are published in this paper (yes it’s
a shameless plug for our paper! 😊):

Hegde et al. (2017), The hidden treasure in your data: phasing with unexpected
weak anomalous scatterers from routine data sets, Acta Crystallogr F Struct
Biol Commun, 73, 184-195.
http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?S2053230X17002680.

However the data was not collected at a home source but at a synchrotron
beamline. There could also be some weak anomalous scatterers acquired during
crystallization, from the crystallization condition, so you could collect a
data set to check for the presence of anomalous signal in it and attempt
experimental phasing. That could give you pointers on a future course of action
like going to a synchrotron beamline to collect stronger, more accurate data or
prepare heavy atom derivates, like Eleanor has pointed out.

As for data processing you’d have to process the data with Friedel mates pairs
kept separate so that the anomalous differences can be used to find positions
of the S atoms.

Hope that helps,
Raghu