Dear Yu,

If you open the images using the dials.image_viewer command you should see a
window called "settings", a screenshot of which I have attempted to attach
below.

At the bottoms of the settings window are a number of buttons for seeing how
the spot finding algorithm will behave. Clicking any of these will update the
display with the following processed image data:

  1.  image - shows the raw image data
  2.  mean - shows the local mean image
  3.  variance - shows the local variance image
  4.  dispersion - shows the local dispersion image
  5.  sigma_b - shows the dispersion threshold mask
  6.  sigma_s - shows the mean pixel threshold mask
  7.  global - shows the global threshold mask
  8.  threshold - shows the combined threshold mask

The "threshold" button shows what the spot finder will consider to be strong
pixels on an image.

The various threshold levels can be adjusted in the settings window (sigma
background, sigma strong, global threshold, min local, gain and kernel size).
Without seeing an image, it is difficult to make specific suggestions; however,
playing with these might result in better spot finding.

Finally, in dials.find_spots, some filtering is done to remove e.g. very small
and very large spots. If your spots are composed of less than 3 pixels with
strong signal, then they will be filtered out. If you could post the contents
of the dials.find_spots.log file, it might be possible to see if this is the
case.

Best wishes

James

[cid:7a94b8be-c4b3-43ee-8902-7ebe4f4bc455]