Dear colleagues,

Under the auspices of the Belgian Biophysical Society, and supported by the
Doctoral School of Natural Sciences – UGent, we would like to invite you to the
School on X-ray and Neutron Diffraction Techniques, hosted by Ghent University,
which will be held at the VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research in
Zwijnaarde (Ghent), Belgium, on May 28-30, 2018.
The aim of the school is to provide a survey of the broad range of X-ray and
neutron scattering methods and their application to investigate biological
structures and processes. Starting from an introduction to the basics of X-ray
and neutron scattering we will move on to their application to study proteins
and their complexes with other proteins or nucleic acids, to probe
lipid/membrane structures and biological processes such as bacterial
metabolism. Our program will also provide a survey of the state-of-the-art in
terms of research facilities available worldwide to enable experimental work
employing X-ray and neutron scattering.

Our school is organized such that no prior knowledge of scattering techniques
is required.

For further information, venue and registration, and our list of TOP SPEAKERS!,
please see the website:
www.biophysics.be <http://www.biophysics.be/>

Please do not hesitate to forward this to colleagues who might be interested.

Looking forward seeing you on May 28-30, 2018!

On behalf of the organizers:

Kristof Van Hecke (UGent), Filip Meersman (UAntwerpen) and Savvas Savvides
(UGent)