Hi

One other thing to try that someone with grey hair in your lab might know about
- mount a "crystal" in a capillary and see if it diffracts at room temp. As
long as you have a source and detector in your home lab, there's no need to go
to a synchrotron and use their in situ facilities.

There are those of us who would contend that if your sample doesn't diffract,
then it isn't a crystal, no matter how nice it looks (though it might have been
one once...)!

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell
Chairman of European Crystallographic Association SIG9 (Crystallographic