Dear Eleanor,
>From PDB files I see that  the structures were solved by molecular
replacement using pdbid 1gci as a starting model. It is hard to say
definitely without the linked paper but may be the depositors made the same
error that I did some time ago: they solved both structures using molecular
replacement instead of running rigid body refinement for follow up
structure.
Actually, the issue with different origins is pretty common in pdb. For
example, I searched pdb for isomorphous lysozyme structures in P43212 with
unit cell dimensions a=b=78.5-79.3 and c=36.5-37.3 and have found 121
structures. I picked 6 random structures and only 2 of them have the same
origin.
By the way, may be someone has a script to move several isomorphous
structures to the same origin and rename chains according to reference
structure?

пт, 8 нояб. 2019 г. в 14:02, Eleanor Dodson <
0000176a9d5ebad7-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk>:

> I have just downloaded two isomorphous coordinates from the pdb
> 5arb and 5arc  deposited by the same team
>

> Tried to compare and they are on different origins.
>
> I know it doesnt affect the crystallography
> It is easily corrected
>
> BUT it seems bad practice to me
>
> Eleanor

Evgenii Osipov