There was a paper/comment in Acta Cryst  by Zbigniew Dauter "the
asymmetric unit should be close to the origin".

The uncomfortable source is most probably that the result of a
molecular replacement is sometimes an asymmetric unit "elsewhere" ,
origin shifts etc.

Nice weekend

Winfried Hinrichs

Dr. rer. nat. Winfried Hinrichs
Professor and Chair of Biochemistry, Emeritus

University of Greifswald
Institute for Biochemistry
Felix-Hausdorff-Str. 4
D-17487 Greifswald, Germany