Be careful with electron diffraction and apparent absence violations. It is possible these weak spots are simply due to multiple scattering.  If so, you would see them relatively stronger with larger crystals,but much weaker relative to the strong reflections when the crystal is smaller. Do you?

-James Holton
MAD Scientist