Hi Herman,
I will add a few points to all the excellent advice already provided to you.
If you decide to try this option of crystallizing a fusion protein of your
target, I would consider using N-terminal but also C-terminal fusions. We
have had success using MBP in N-ter and the superfolder GFP in C-terminal
for a few 'vexing' proteins from *Plasmodium falciparum. *It helped us
either to obtain crystals/structures (as you seek) but also provided a way
to circumvent a tendency for twinning from our target in some specific
cases.
GFP has the added benefit that your fusion crystals should be bright yellow
so that speeds up the screening process a bit.

I hope this helps. Good luck
Best regards,

Pascal Egea, PhD
UCLA School of Medicine