We can recommend a small flavoprotein. which we have used for different
biochemistry courses. It is easy to express and purify with IEX snd GF (no
tag), and in the 15 years we have used it, students always get crystals.

We have published it in Biochemistry and molecular biology education:
"A Research-inspired biochemistry laboratory module - combining expression,
purification, crystallization, structure-solving, and characterization of a
flavodoxin-like protein”
https://iubmb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/bmb.21218

Best
Hans-Petter