Hi

1. Lysate on fplc is messy :) which is why I always do the first step in
batch.

2. A good scrubbing with NaOH, trypsin, and a strong chaotropic agent (in
series) should take care of the contamination, however it may be easier to
find e.g. an old HPLC never used for protein work in order to purify your
material. If your RNA is single stranded, it will have a hard time
surviving this ordeal. Of it is double stranded, should be no worries.

Artem