Hello Ana,

it looks very much like a covalent bond with the His. You may get some hints from the chemistry of the reaction, which is normally catalysed. Are there possible side products involving malonate, alternative substrates present in the buffer etc ?

Occupancy refinements of the different atom groups may also yield some information.

This looks really interesting

Cheers

Wim