Ph.D. student position in protein biochemistry and crystallography

We are looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. student for our protein biochemistry and crystallography laboratory at the Dept. of Biochemistry at University Bayreuth, Germany. We use protein crystallography and a variety of biochemical and biophysical methods for the structural and mechanistic characterization of cellular signalling systems with relevance to aging mechanisms and aging-related diseases. We then aim to develop small molecule modulators that exploit the identified signalling mechanisms. The PhD project will target soluble adenylyl cyclase, for exemplary publications see Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 111:3727-32; Nat Chem Biol. 12:838-44; ACS Med Chem Lett. 12:1283-1287

Our laboratory is located in a new building at the University of Bayreuth, Germany and equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for protein biochemistry, x-ray crystallography, and mass spectrometry. We offer excellent research opportunities and a stimulating environment for research in structural biology. The position is open immediately, salary base is TV-L E13/2. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated student with strong interest in structural biology and prior experience in protein biochemistry. Additional experience in molecular biology and/or protein crystallization would be an asset. Applications from handicapped persons will be favored when all other qualifications are equal. The University of Bayreuth is an equal opportunity employer and we therefore especially encourage women to apply.

Applications (including CV, research experience, and two names and contact information for references) should be sent as a PDF or by mail to
email:  sekretariat.bioche...@uni-bayreuth.de

Mail:
Prof. Dr. Clemens Steegborn
University of Bayreuth