Dear friends of Vijayan,  it is wonderful that these memoirs/ biography
were recorded for us to read and remember a great scientist. For me our
friendship dates back to January 1967 when the shivering Indian post- doc
arrived in oxford - during a snow storm - slithering on ice in his new
leather shoes. Then our only responsibility was to get the insulin
structure; and we worked and played together very happily.
But Vijayan was also ambitious for India’s scientific achievement. There
were great Indian theoretical crystallographers, ramachandran, Ramashan,
but Vijayan was I believe the mover and shaker who led the establishment of
the many great Indian laboratories now in existence.

It is a privilege to have known him.
Eleanor Dodson