From: Ian Tickle <ianj...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 October 2022 at 19:33
To: Kristoffer Lundgren <kristoffer.lundg...@teokem.lu.se>
Cc: "CCP4BB@jiscmail.ac.uk" <CCP4BB@jiscmail.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Error while running EDSTATS

Hi Kristoffer

The deposited structure factor file is missing an FOM column which is needed
for MTZFIX to do its job of checking the veracity of the FWT and DELFWT
columns.  The message I get with CCP4 7.1 is different, in fact it's exactly
what I expect:

 mtzfix:  ERROR: Labels not found - maybe non-standard labels used?

i.e. telling you that it's missing required column(s), not the "corrupt output
file" message which suggests something got mangled.

Can you tell me _exactly_ what you typed on the command line from the point
after you downloaded and unzipped the data files?

What happens if you skip the MTZFIX step by adding the '-noerror' flag to the
command line?  This ran to completion for me, though I haven't checked the
results to see if they make sense.

If that doesn't help you will have to recompute the structure factors from the
model using 'NCYC 0' in Refmac.  That will output all the required columns so
you should be able to proceed normally.

The error message "ERROR in radius calculation: max iterations" indicates a
more serious problem, such as an inability to handle the density profile for
Mn.  I'm puzzled how it got that far since the MTZFIX failure should have
terminated the run before it got to that point.

See if any of that helps.

Cheers

-- Ian

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 at 17:09, Kristoffer Lundgren
<00008a31f470d88b-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk<mailto:00008a31f470d88b-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk>>
 wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to run EDSTATS on a neutron structure containing a manganese ion
(https://www.rcsb.org/structure/7KKW), but either I am doing something wrong or
something is broken. When using EDSTATS supplied with CCP4 8.0 I end up with
the error message:

mtzfix:  WARNING: Output file is corrupt so deleted.

ERROR in mtzfix: stopping.

Using EDSTATS supplied with CCP4 7.0, the error message instead becomes:

ERROR in radius calculation: max iterations.

ERROR in RADINT:   2

Oddly enough, when changing MN to FE in the model, EDSTATS in CCP4 7.0 works
fine. EDSTATS in CCP4 8.0 with FE however again gives me the error message:

mtzfix:  WARNING: Output file is corrupt so deleted.

ERROR in mtzfix: stopping.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards
Kristoffer Lundgren