Hi everyone,

Sorry for the off-topic question, but I thought I may get some
advice/pointers about the design of a stable alpha-helical peptide. I would
like to obtain a peptide mimicking a 13-residue alpha-helix that was
identified in a protein to mediate a protein-protein interaction, which is
completely abolished by three spatially adjacent point mutations in the
helix of the protein. I designed a peptide with a 1-residue overhang on
each side and a 6-carboxy-fluorescein moiety on one end, but the peptide
did not bind to the interaction partner probed by fluorescence
polarization. The peptide easily dissolves in water, so solubility does not
seem to be an issue. Any suggestions or pointers to relevant literature
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Erik