Hello,

I have run into a very odd situation.  Upon collection and data processing on a
crystal on my home source all pointers seemed to show twinning.  Was not
surprised since previous crystals under different but related conditions have
showed significant twinning though the cell dimensions were different but not
the resulting apparent space group.

Now the odd thing, I sent the crystal to the synchrotron figuring I might be
able to get some data that might help figure out what is going on.  Upon
processing of the synchrotron data, SSRL 9-2, magically no twining was
detected.  A couple of other crystals of the same compound though not from the
same exact condition showed the twinning.  I processed the data using HKL,
which I primarily on my home source data and XDS with similar results.

In summary, the exact same crystal shows twinning on Cu home source and no
twinning at all at the synchrotron.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Len

Leonard Thomas, Ph.D.
Biomolecular Structure Core, Director
Oklahoma COBRE in Structural Biology
Price Family Foundation Institute of Structural Biology
University of Oklahoma
101 Stephenson Parkway
Norman, OK 73019-5251
Office: (405)325-1126