> On Jun 1, 2015, at 17:43, Chris Osborn <fozzt...@fozztexx.com> wrote:
>
> The color on the hi-res screens looks pretty good, but the vertical lines
> through the blocks on the lo-res screens isn’t quite right. The bottom 4
> lines of text having color bleeding is normal, even on an Apple color
> composite monitor. The monochrome 80 column screen looks pretty good too.

Well, you're right! The text looks like crap on an analog CRT, too. I updated
my blog post with a few more pictures.

Now I'm even more curious about the reports I've heard about having trouble
with video conversion, since the first cheap converter I tried seemed to work
OK with an Apple //c. Of course, it still lacks a tuner for the TV-connected
computers, but I got the impression that the Apple II series was especially
picky about its video converters. Maybe there's a different program I should
try running that does weird stuff with video modes, like some game with
particularly interesting graphics?

I'm also interested in seeing what the converter will do with composite video
tapped out from a Color Computer's innards. I seem to recall that it had some
screwy video modes that required the user to keep hitting the reset button
until the colors weren't swapped.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <n...@nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/