Tom Gardner <t.gard...@computer.org> wrote:

The Evotek drive initially used the notoriously unreliable Ampex Alar plated media; whether they ever upgraded to sputtered media is uncertain. It probably should be avoided.

I would look for an replacement drive using oxide media. The nice thing about oxide media is it came pre-corroded so that's one thing not to worry about in a 35 year old drive

OK, but I'm not looking for a replacement for en Evotek harddisk, but for
a CDC FINCH harddisk. These drives seem to be so rare - I would not even
care about the media the disks where made of ;)
And - I found nothing "compatible" so far to replace them with other
harddisks.