On 01/26/2016 06:30 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
On 26 January 2016 at 06:24, Mark J. Blair <n...@nf6x.net> wrote:
So I think my next challenge is to figure out how to write out 1.8M
XDF floppies from the installation floppy images. Maybe I can find
a utility to write them from DOS? I have a 386 clone running MS-DOS
6.22 that I use for running ImageDisk.

Should work. Even a DOS shell under Windows should, I think. They're
just 1.4MB disks with some extra sectors per track and tracks --
pushing the spec a little, not different hardware.

Just remember that a USB floppy is the wrong kit to use to do this. They embody firmware that knows only 3 fixed formats: 9x512, 18x512 and 8x1024 (sectors x bytes per sector). You need an honest-to-gosh legacy floppy and controller. Not as convoluted as MS DMF format, but not USB-compatible in any case.

--Chuck